Mar 6, 2011

Rechelle's Diary: 3/6/11 - Life Happens! Just go with it!


Image Source: fatboygetsfit.com

Is it just me or does life kinda rear it's ugly head at the most inopportune times?

A few months ago, I decided that I was finally at the point in my life where I am ready to actively pursue my life long dream of becoming a published best-selling author. I pulled out all of my old unfinished manuscripts, blew off the cobwebs, and thoughtfully reviewed each one. After several days of pensive review, I finally selected one of my older manuscripts to focus on, and began writing furiously. I discovered renewed inspiration and was actively writing again. It felt wonderful!

Additionally, I decided to establish a Facebook account and author page as well as a Twitter account, and began networking with other authors, agents, publishers and book reviewers. I established a blog where I could write about my journey and the authoring process, and share musings of the author within with anyone who cared to visit. It has been so wonderful meeting and chatting with other literary personas and I am so looking forward to continuing along this chosen path.

Unfortunately however, life happened and my writing come across a small temporary bump in the road that has managed to severely interfere with my writing, blogging, chatting, and tweeting for a few weeks.

My (real life) employer decided to send me to a very demanding three-week law enforcement training course in our lovely state capital. The days are long and grueling and the nights demand heavy studying as the content is testable for certification purposes. There has been very little time to write, blog, tweet or anything else during the last two weeks.

Fortunately, I am beginning the final week of training tomorrow, so hopefully, I will be able to easily transition back into a regular writing and blogging routine soon. My husband and I have rented a lake front villa for the following week and I am definitely taking my laptop along and am planning on doing some major catching up. I'm not certain whether or not the villa has wireless Internet, but I will be back bloging as soon as possible.

6 Comments:

Landra said...

Don't worry. I know all about life rearing it's ugly little head. My goals and aspirations are the same. I desperately want to get my ideas of fiction on the shelf with some amazing covers.

You can do it... why? Because you are AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

I've seen that ugly head as well, tried to beat it down, unsuccessfully, and finally gave in. Ultimately, used the experience to my benefit.

Sandra Crowley said...

Ugly heads? Girl, I gotta major collection with more on the way, no doubt. There have been times I've lived one second at a time because I couldn't manage any more than that. ROFL Life is a trip!

Rechelle Owens, Romance Author said...

@Slush
I think we can both accomplish our goals. We can be each other's cheerleaders!

Rechelle Owens, Romance Author said...

@casejackets
If you are lucky enouhg to get something positive from the experience then it definitely doesn't seem quite as bad. Glad you were able to benefit.

Rechelle Owens, Romance Author said...

@Sandra
Life definitely has a way of keeping us all on our toes doesn't it? Sometimes we have to just to roll with it and hope for the best.

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post any comments or questions below. I would love to get your feedback.